Saturday, May 5, 2012

Guest Post Saturday! Smashley Sparkles with an amazing green water marble!

It's Guest Post Saturday again!! I have quite the treat for you today! Ashley from Smashley Sparkles is one of the best at water marbling that I have ever seen. She does one every Wednesday on her blog and I am always in awe at how good she is. I was so happy when she agreed to do one for this guest post, and even happier when she made it all green!! *grin* I highly recommend you check out and follow her if you don't already, you will not be disappointed! 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------





Hello fellow Polish Addicts!  I am so happy to bring you this very special guest post today.  When Ashley asked me if I would be interested in doing one of these, I said "HECK YES!"  No one has asked me to guest post for them before, and I'm excited for my first one to be on a good friend's blog.

I didn't have to think very hard to come up with my mani for this post... I know that Ashley is an avid green polish lover (as do most people who know her, I think!) and she also often tells me how much she loves the water marbles that I do.  So I almost immediately decided to do an all green water marble!  This was my first monochromatic water marble, and I am really happy with how it turned out.



It took me a few tries to find greens that were complementary with each other and also spread in the water.  I ended up using 4 different polishes.  I prepped my nails with base coat and then one coat of China Glaze Paper Chasing.  I built my bulls-eye withOPI Mermaid's TearsChina Glaze Paper ChasingOzotic 507, and China Glaze Glittering Garland.



I did a sort of stripey pattern, following the method show in Colette's (My Simple Little Pleasures) Bumble Bee tutorial.




I hope you all enjoyed this post, and thank you so much to my dear friend Ashley for inviting me to be here!

14 comments :

  1. I still have yet to try water marbling, but I think I may try my hand at his combo when I do. I have both ChG polishes & Sinful's version of Mermaid's Tears (which will hopefully work for water marbling), so once I get the the Ozotic dupe from OPI's Spider Man collection, which I was planning on doing, I should be able to give it a go. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super awesome - this looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks very impressive! I haven't tried water marbling yet - I'm not sure I'm patient enough for that kind of manis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome I love the colors and love the design you chose for it--this is a really lovely water marble!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, this is stunning. I absolutely love this ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this may be my favorite water marble that I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad everyone likes it! Thanks again for asking me to post for you, Ash. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for posting! I am so glad you did!

      Delete
  8. wowo! Gorgeous mani! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not sure how I missed this when you first posted it, but it's amazing! I LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10