Thursday, May 17, 2012

China Glaze Frostbite - Swatches and Review

I have had China Glaze Frostbite for a few years and it is a gorgeous blue. While I love the color, the formula leaves something to be desired. This is NOT my usual experience with China Glaze. China Glaze usually has a wonderful formula so this is very disappointing. It was rather thin and streaky when applying. I had major issues with cuticle drag  (as you can see in my shade photos) and I had some bubbling as well. I used 3 coats in the pictures, no top coat.

As I stated earlier, my bottle is a few years old but this shouldn't be an issue. I have a lot of polish that is that old with no issues. Frostbite is in China Glaze's core line and is still available at Sally's, as well as other places. I am hoping that they have fixed the issues with this formula over the years and my bottle is the exception and not the rule.

First up, some sun pics....





And some shade pics....



The lit-from-within look of this polish is amazing. I only wish the formula was better. Do you have this color? Is the formula like mine, or do I have a dud?

12 comments :

  1. I got this in my secret bunny package back in March and I haven't used it yet... I guess I should do that and let you know about my formula! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine looks different when applied more metallic , not streaky and no bubbles ... i got it last fall oh and also i only need 2 coats and a top coat maybe they changed it ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like they may have changed it! I hope so!

      Delete
  3. I won this around Christmas and haven't used it other than on a nail wheel playing around trying to do a gradient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My formula on this one was like yours Ashley. Unfortunately. I think they must have changed the formula or at least had two different batches. I swapped mine off. BUT, that really is a stunning blue! Looks great with your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, disappointing :( Love the colour though and is perfect for a lot of nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got mine a few months ago and I love it. The formula is awesome, no streaking, no bubbling and applied nicely in two coats. They must have changed it from a couple of years ago. Sorry you got a dud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color looks amazing both in the sun and in shade. I don´t have it but I would like to own it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ugh, this has been on my list for a while. So bright and happy... but the formula? Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this on my toes with a sheer silver glitter over it right now. My bottle is fine - no lumps and application is fine. Maybe try adding some thinner to yours to see if that helps your issues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was also going to say add thinner. And how long did the coats sit in between? I have had mine for a while as well (around 3 years) and I never had streaky or bubbling problems. I do 1 thinish coat, dry completely. And another thin-medium coat with full coverage.

    This color is lovely, and looks amazing on you!!

    I do hope this helps. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought some and it is very thin and streaky and smells awful! Lol the things we do for beauty! I put two undercoats of white on and just added the first coat of Frostbite. Will need to add another coat I can tell already. It is such a gorgeous color though that I am willing to put in a little extra effort to make it look as nice as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10