Thursday, March 28, 2013

Bright and Fun Spring Mani with Sponging and Stamping! ♥

Happy Thursday! Only one more day until the weekend! I have a super bright and fun mani to show you today! 

I was in the mood for neons last night - and this is pretty much completely opposite from what I had in mind originally. LOL But I really like it! I used a white creme base (Milani White on the Spot - will list all colors in this mani at the end of the post) and then I put drops of colors on a stamping plate. Once I had all of the colors on the stamping plate (a large enough area to cover a nail) I pressed a makeup sponge on top and then placed that directly on my nail. I did this process twice on each nail to achieve this look. After that was dry I added the stamping using plates from the first Bundle Monster set and topped it off with one coat of Poshe. 

After finishing this mani it reminded me of some that I have seen over at The Crumpet. Debbie calls them "Splodgeramas" - while I did mine differently, the outcome is very similar. You can see her tutorial here



Spring Mani

Spring Mani

Spring Mani


And here is a look at the base before I added the stamping...


Spring Mani - Pre-Stamping

What do you think of this mani? I wish the stamping was better but I really like it anyway!

The colors I used for the base of this mani are:
China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard

China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise
Sinful Colors Dream On
Urban Outfitters Bandeau

And the stamping was done with Color Club Wild at Heart and Milani White on the Spot. 


Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥


.

10 comments :

  1. oh wow, love it! do you know, splodging makes me SMILE :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bright colors! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm going to try it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Ash, this mani is beautiful, love the colour scheme!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! Amazing mani I might have to try this out myself :P

    xX
    http://amyscorner93.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10