Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Milani: High Speed Fast Dry Collection (New for 2013) ♥

Good morning everyone! Today I have the 6 new additions to the Milani High Speed Fast Dry Collection.

This collection is made up of mostly cremes and all but one of them has fantastic formulas! Unless otherwise noted I have used 2 coats and no topcoat for the photos.

-----------------------------------------

Flaming Race is a bright orange/pink shade (though I wouldn't call it coral, it's more red-leaning than that in my opinion). Fabulous formula.


Milani - Flaming Race

Milani - Flaming Race

Milani - Flaming Race

Milani - Flaming Race

---------------------------------


Instant Pearl is the only one out of the collection that has a bad formula. This one is incredibly streaky and was hard to get complete coverage. I have used 3 coats for the photos and you can see cuticle drag on my index and middle fingers (though that could be my fault for not waiting long enough between coats). I also had some issues with bubbling on my ring finger. This color just screams eighties and as much as I love Milani, I have no idea what they were thinking when they released this particular color. LOL!


Milani - Instant Pearl

Milani - Instant Pearl

Milani - Instant Pearl

Milani - Instant Pearl

---------------------------------------


Move on Mauve is the other shimmer in this collection but it is MUCH better than Instant Pearl. This is a lovely mauve with shimmer and had a fantastic formula.

Milani - Move on Mauve

Milani - Move on Mauve

Milani - Move on Mauve

Milani - Move on Mauve

------------------------------------


Pink Express is a light pink creme and I love it! Surprisingly enough out of all of my polish, I don't have another color like this one. Also a fantastic formula.

Milani - Pink Express

Milani - Pink Express

Milani - Pink Express

Milani - Pink Express

----------------------------------


Quick Teal is a teal creme, also with a fabulous formula. (This one was nearly a one-coater but I did use two.) 

Milani - Quick Teal

Milani - Quick Teal

Milani - Quick Teal

Milani - Quick Teal

-----------------------------------


Rapid Orchid is a purple so deep that it only reads black on my pale skin. I am assuming Milani was referring to a Black Orchid when they came up with this name; in that case the color is spot on. Also a fab formula on this one.

Blac Orchid Flower courtesy of  national-flowers.info

Milani - Rapid Orchid

Milani - Rapid Orchid

Milani - Rapid Orchid

Milani - Rapid Orchid

So what so you think of this collection? I love them all except for the one dud in Instant Pearl. Milani puts out such great polishes, keeps them at a reasonable price and is one of the few drugstore brands that remains Cruelty-Free - all of that keeps them at the top of my list of favorite brands!

Milani polishes retail for around $4.49 per bottle and are available at Milani's website and various drugstores across the US. Make sure to follow them on Facebook for all the latest news and collections!


Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥




*PR products provided for my honest review.

.

1 comment :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10