Friday, June 22, 2012

Milani Spam Post - Part 1

I spent the better part of my afternoon swatching some lovely Milani polishes for you and and decided to split them up into two posts so I don't overload you with too many pics all at once. Also, I had a nail fatality so I am back to nubs. Le sigh.


All of the photos are without top coat (so you can see the finish of the polish on its own) and without clean-up (so you can see ease of application). As you will be able to see all of the cremes have a super shiny finish on its own.


First up we have a lovely shimmer, Pink Slippers. Pink Slippers is a warm-toned light pink with a shimmer that reminds me slightly of pearls. The formula was a little tricky on this one. If you don't try to "mess with it"or manipulate it too much you will be fine. If you try to go back over the same area multiple times when wet it will cause dragging. This one was fully opaque in three coats.


Milani Pink Slippers

Milani Pink Slippers


Next we have one of my favorites of the group, Just Grayt. This is a lovely grey (or gray, as the name indicates LOL) creme with perfect application. My camera wanted to pick up purple tones and make it appear cooler and darker than it is. There is no purple in this, it is a lovely light grey. Two creamy coats.


Milani Just Grayt

Milani Just Grayt


Natural Touch is a lovely light caramel creme. This would make perfect mannequin hands for those of you who have warmer skin tones. 2 coats.

Milani Natural Touch

Milani Natural Touch

Next is another shimmer, Pink & Proper. Pink & Proper is a coral-ish pink (on me it actually leans MORE to the coral and less to the pink) with another excellent formula, opaque in 2 coats. This is a GREAT color for summer!


Milani Pink & Proper

Milani Pink & Proper

And last for tonight we have Hipster Plum. Hipster Plum is a very dark purple creme. This one was ALMOST a one-coater. If you were very careful and used one thick coat you could get by with just one. This is very rich and vampy but it looked black on me most of the time, except in the sun and under bright indoor lights. I did capture the purple in the pics, it is a true warm-toned plum. This is 2 super shiny coats.


Milani Hipster Plum

Milani Hipster Plum


What do you think of these polishes? Which ones would you run out and grab?

Milani polishes retail for $4-$6 and can be purchased at drugstores, grocery stores and online at MilaniCosmetics.com.

Disclaimer: The products in this post were provided to me by the manufacturer or their PR company for consideration. All opinions are my own. See my disclosure tab for more information.



2 comments :

  1. Lovely! I really need to get Hipster Plum and Just Grayt for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought Hipster Plum on a whim tonight, never having seen it swatched (I got it for $1-- GO Dollar Tree!!), and now that I see it on your nails, I am super excited about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10