Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dior Riviera - Swatches and Review

I have really been craving coral shades lately and I realized I don't own very many of them. I have apparently been neglecting coral for too long. 

When I started seeing Dior Riviera pop up on blogs it seemed like the perfect coral and I just had to have it. As I suspected, the color is amazing. It is so bright and juicy. I think juicy is the best word to describe it. I will admit I was expecting a straight creme and was surprised to find out that it is a crelly (in between a creme and a jelly). I usually hate jellies because they are so sheer that you can still see VNL (visible nail line) after several coats of polish. I am happy to report that this was not the case with Riviera! Most blog posts I have seen on this color show 2 coats and they are opaque, I used 3 coats on all fingers except on my index finger where I used 4. As you can tell in the photos, there isn't much of a difference and you can't see VNL on any of them.

I had a VERY hard time capturing the true color of this polish. One reason being that is made my camera go crazy and the other reason being that the color changes quite a bit depending on the light. The first 3 photos are the closest to how the polish looks the majority of the time (excuse the blue fingers) but they don't show the amazingly shiny finish and true brilliance of the polish. All of the other photos show the finish much better and the color in various lighting situations.

I do have on a top coat in these pics because I took them the day after I applied it but it is just as shiny on its own. The formula was superb, as I am coming to expect with all Dior polishes. 



Dior Riviera - closest to true color 

Dior Riviera - closest to true color 

Dior Riviera - closest to true color 

Dior Riviera - inside under artificial lighting

Dior Riviera - inside under artificial lighting


Dior Riviera - outside in the shade

Dior Riviera - in the sunlight


Dior Riviera - in the sunlight

I think I caught a little but of the Dior hidden shimmer in the last photo! What do you think of this color? I absolutely love it! It is so fun and summery!!! I think I see a pedi with this color in my near future! I may have to see how it works for a jelly sandwich as well. :)

Riviera is from Dior's Extreme Addict Collection for Summer 2012 and is available in department stores, Dior.com and several other online stores.



5 comments :

  1. I Riviera looks very pretty and perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaawt! love it, send it over here will ya??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty!! Especially in the sun light!!
    I really must get me a polish in this color. Well, I find it hard to believe I will ever get a Dior, but I really love this color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wondering how this would compare to Essie Escapades; my #1 favorite polish.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10