Monday, January 6, 2014

Nail Art Theme Week: Follow a Tutorial - Adipose!

Nothing to Disclose

It's the first Nail Art Theme Week of the year and this week we are doing nail art based on tutorials! Being a huge Doctor Who fan, I have been wanting to give my friend Jacki's (Adventures in Acetone) Adipose Tutorial a try for quite some time. I figured this week was the perfect chance to try!



Post continued after the jump!




If you are not familiar with what Adipose are I suggest you start watching Doctor Who! ;) But for now, I will tell you that they are basically little alien babies who were created by people taking diet pills and fat popping off of them in blobs. Yes, I know. That sounds totally weird. And yes, it is weird! But it's also so fun! Okay, onto the mani!    

I originally painted Adipose on all nails but the one on my pinkie just didn't look right and the more I tried to fix it the more I wasn't happy with it. I also had one on my index nail but I messed it up accidentally while it was wet. It was late and I needed to get to bed so I just went with two. I actually like just having the two, four was a little overwhelming.

First, let's have a look at Jacki's mani and tutorial. (You can find her post on it here.) She has a lot of great tutorials and she really breaks them down in easy-to-follow steps. Make sure you check them out!



Mine didn't turn out as well as Jacki's but I'm still pretty happy with them. The little guy on my ring fingernail is my favorite! I'm still getting used to using my striping brush, especially for details, so I think with more practice I will do a much better and cleaner job next time. I used Elevation Polish Black Ice and a plain white creme for this mani.




I'll see you back tomorrow for more nail art fun!

Make sure to check out all of the other great manis below!



Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.


4 comments :

  1. Hahahahaha!!! These are so sweeeeeeeeeet!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this mani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so AWESOME with these!! thanks so much for trying my tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How freaking cute is this?! ARG I can't stand it! So cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10