Friday, December 27, 2013

Literary Lacquers 84 Charing Cross Road

Nothing to Disclose

I have a treat for you today! Literary Lacquers recently released her Community Collection which consisted of polishes she created in collaboration with various bloggers and fans. The collection as a whole looks just amazing and I can't wait to grab a few more of them! The one I have to show you today is 84 Charing Cross Road and it was created by Amy (of Literary Lacquers) with the lovely Sheila from Pointless Cafe



Post continued after the jump!


This is what Sheila has to say about the inspiration behind this beauty:

"84 Charing Cross Road - inspired by one of my favorite movies/books. In the world of books, especially 40's era stories, which is where 84 Charing Cross Road begins, it's a sepia-toned world, much like the pages of the old tomes central to the story of Frank and Helene. The sparkling rainbow, subtle in the shade, bursts forth in the sun, like the characters of Frank and Helene bursting forth from the un-earmarked pages of 84 Charing Cross Road. For anyone who loves books, they already know this is true for all of the stories and characters and worlds that lie within the sepia-toned pages of those leather-bound treasures."


I just love this polish, and the inspiration. I have to admit I haven't read the book (yet!) but the movie is wonderful. You really can't go wrong with Anthony Hopkins or Anne Bancroft; put them together with a fabulous story and you've got something wonderful! 


This one was very easy to work with but it is a bit on the sheer side. I used 3 coats for full opacity but it dries quickly and I didn't have any issues with application at all. I absolutely love the finish on this one. It's holo but not so holo that you can't see the base color and the flakies in this one really make it special. The way they capture the light and holo rainbow just wow me.

It is primarily a neutral/light brown (think of the pages of an old book!) but also looks gold and even grey in some lighting. I wasn't able to get outside photos for this one so I couldn't capture all of its beautiful personalities. Make sure to check out Sheila's post to see all of the sides of this one!






What do you think? Do you have this one? I can't wait to try more in this collection!

Literary Lacquers polishes retail for $10 and are available in her Etsy shop. You can also follow on Facebook for all the latest news on collections, sales and to see more swatches!

Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.

2 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10