Monday, December 2, 2013

Japanese Nail Art Theme Week featuring Super Mario Bros.!

Nothing to Disclose

Good morning (or afternoon or evening), lovely readers! Today starts another nail art theme week with some of my fellow bloggers and this week's theme is Japanese. I will admit that I don't know a whole lot about Japanese culture but I've learned a lot in the process of preparing for this week and I have a lot more appreciation for both the culture and the beauty of Japan!

For today's mani I went with something that I have been very familiar with my whole life and is very near and dear to my heart (and originated in Japan) - Mario! Being a child of the 80s, I grew up playing Super Mario Bros. and I still enjoy playing it today! I taught my eldest nephew to play it when he was young (he's now almost 15) and we always play the new releases together now. But, you're here for the nails so I'll get to those now!



Post continued after the jump!



This is probably the most ambitious nail art I have done and, while it's not perfect, I am so proud of how it turned out! I texted a picture of it to  my nephew and he was shocked! Haha! It definitely makes me want to try to do more freehand nail art! However, it DID take me forever! I started it in the late evening (maybe 9 or 10?) and didn't finish it until 3:30 in the morning! This is why I don't attempt nail art more often. LOL Hopefully I will get faster the more I practice! I'm disappointed my top coat smeared Mario (I was out of my thick top coats) because he was nearly perfect before that.


I had to get the side shot so you could see Boo sticking out his tongue... ;)




I can't wait for the rest of this theme week! Don't forget to check out the other amazing  manis below!





Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.

11 comments :

  1. these are so cool! My boys would love me to have these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! SUPER LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Mario's popularity reached its peak, Nintendo practically went into overtime to release new games under its famous franchise annually. Unblocked Slope

    ReplyDelete
  4. The very first Super Mario game premiered way back in the year 1985, and his clothing hasn't changed since that time. Mario dresses in his original blue dungarees worn on top of his red long-sleeved shirt, and with white gloves.https://unblockedgamesplayer.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gaming giant had to recall 75,000 copies of a video game which used the chanting of the Quran in its soundtrack after a user raised objections to it. csgo smurf kaufen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adults can also revisit their past while playing Super Mario Crossover because aside from the different characters, different game music is played in regard to its characters.ps2 iso

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10