Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Japanese Nail Art Theme Week featuring Japanese Cherry Blossoms

Nothing to Disclose

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I am in love with the nail art I did for today's Japanese Theme Week! It's a great feeling to actually like the nail art you created rather than being disappointed in it. Haha! Here are my Japanese Cherry Blossom nails!



Post continued after the jump!


For the base of this mani I used the super gorgeous Chanel Malice which is just perfection in a bottle. I did the limbs with Sinful Colors Whipped (which has a matte/leather finish) to add a layer of texture rather than just using a black creme. For the flowers I used a white creme, a grey creme and Whipped for the center of the flowers. I did not add top coat because I didn't want to lose the effect that they were on top of the nail, if that makes sense. 


Rather than doing traditional pink cherry blossoms I took my inspiration from Bath and Body Works' design on their Japanese Cherry Blossom line. I have always thought this was a beautiful design and would make a great manicure but didn't think I could pull it off. I'm glad I tried and proved myself wrong!





I am loving Japanese Week so far! See you back tomorrow and don't forget to check out the other manis below!



Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.


3 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10