Friday, May 13, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen Does Whimsy: Faerieland



Happy Friday! I have fallen a day behind with this week's Digit-al Dozen challenge due to a bad headache yesterday, but I am planning to post my last mani over the weekend! In the meantime, it's my turn to take on faeries! A lot of faeries have been done by my fellow Digital Dozen members this week, and I have loved all of them! I have been wanting to bust out my neons for awhile now and I figured this would be a great time to do it! My mani reminds me of a fun and bright faerieland!



I worked on the base of this mani longer than I would like to admit - and then covered up most of it! LOL! The inspiration for this look actually came from two separate images I found - here and here. I really wanted to try and capture the gorgeous sky in the first image for the background. After many re-dos and lots of tweaking it still wasn't right, but it was "close enough" for me.



I used a lot of polishes for this mani! I will list them all below, but keep in mind there was a lot of layering involved so I can't e sure all of the ones listed are showing. I liked this one both matte and shiny (shown below), and this may be one very rare instance where I prefer it shiny!

Products used:

The entire Girly Bits Hoop There It Is Collection
Girly Bits SBP 05.11.1
Paint Box Polish Ananas
Colors by Llarowe I'll Be Sea-ing You
Chin Glaze Too Yacht to Handle
Salon Perfect Sugar Cube
Black acrylic paint
Colors by Llarowe PDQ Top Coat
Girly Bits Polish Matte'rs (in matte photos)


I'm really enjoying everyone's take on whimsy this week! Make sure you check out the gorgeous manis below!










Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

4 comments :

  1. Your little faerie is so cute!! I really love the background you created though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright colours in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo cute! I love all the colors you used :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10