Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen Does Whimsy: Holographic Mermaid Scales




Happy Hump Day! For Day 3 of Digital Dozen Whimsy Week I have a design that  I've always admired on others but have never done myself - mermaid scales! And I decided to go all out with some super holo mermaid scales. I can't stop staring at my nails!

Sunlight

To create this look I used a technique that I have only done once before (and was not crazy about that attempt). I created decals using all Colors by Llarowe polishes and I love the way they turned out!

Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

I put one generous coat of CbL PDQ Top Coat for each decal on my UberMat. Once it was dry I stamped on each one, then filled in using a small detail brush. After letting them dry for a few minutes I put one coat of top coat on my nail and gently pressed each decal on, trimming and using acetone to get them to the right size. One last coat of top coat brings back the shine and seals everything in!

Shade
Products used:
CbL Berry Gem (Nailland Exclusive) - base
CbL The New Nude (Nailland Exclusive)
CbL Aubergine Dreams
CbL Mean Dean Proffitt
CbL Edith
CbL PDQ Top Coat
Mash plate 39
Clear crystal stamper

Sunlight

I am really enjoying wearing this and hope you enjoyed it too! Make sure you check out the gorgeous manis below!












Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

2 comments :

  1. These are so so stunning! Your decals came out perfect and the colours you used are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Ashley these are AMAZING! This type of work takes so much patience, but the outcome is so so worth it here!! Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10