Friday, May 27, 2016

Darling Diva Polish: Sidewalk Chalk Collection - Swatches and Review



Happy Friday! I have a friend coming to town this weekend so I am really looking forward to it! What about you guys? Any fun plans? But, before the weekend begins, I have a brand new collection from Darling Diva Polish to show you today! This collection launches tonight at 7 PM Central and is full of neon gorgeousness!



Before I show you this collection I want to discuss formula. All of these have a crelly formula, so make sure you let them dry between coats. This isn't exclusive to these polishes, this is just how I find it best to apply crellies in general. All but one of these (with the exception of the glitter) took 3 coats to be completely opaque, but I had no issues with application on any of them.

For all 6 of the crellies I am showing 3 coats and one coat of Darling Diva Pryzmatic Top Coat. In all photos I am showing them shiny on my index and middle fingers, and matte on my ring finger and pinkie. I love them both ways! The addition of the matte top coat really reminds me of "sidewalk chalk" though! 


Keep in mind that neons are extremely hard to photograph, at least for me, so I will note if the photos look different than the polishes look in person below. 

--------------------------------------

Four Square is a vibrant, yet soft, neon yellow.  Yellow doesn't usually look that great on me, and it's not typically a color I reach for. However, I love this one and I think it actually looks pretty good on me! This one is even brighter in person than it is showing.

Artifical lighting

Shade

---------------------------------------------

Tic Tac Toe is my favorite from the collection, but I'm betting most of you could have guessed that! It is a super bright orange-leaning coral neon. It is brighter and a slightly deeper orange in person than in my photos.

Artificial lighting

Shade

------------------------------------------


Childhood Memories is a perfect, bright Barbie pink. Again, this one is brighter in person than in my photos. 

Artificial lighting

Shade

------------------------------------------

Flower Garden is a bright orchid and is another favorite from this collection. This is the one crelly that was completely opaque in two coats for me, though I did do a third to deepen the color a bit. 

Artificial lighting

Shade

-------------------------------------

Lily Pad Jump is a cool-toned green that is so bright you need shades! This one is also brighter in person than in my photos. The first photo below is more color-accurate than the shade photo.

Artificial lighting

Shade

-----------------------------------

Hop Scotch is another favorite of mine from this collection. This one reminds me of one of my recent polish obsessions, China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle. Hop Scotch leans more blue than the China Glaze and I am so glad I have them both. I'm usually not a huge fan of this color family, it has to be "just right" for me to love it - and this one is! This ones a little more green in person than my photos, the first one is most color-accurate.

Artificial lighting

Shade

------------------------------------

And now we've come to the glitter topper, Bounce Out! Bounce Out is full of neon circle glitters (my favorite), some iridescent flakes and holo shimmer. The formula was easy to work with and I had no problems with application at all. I am showing one coat over black. (If you would like to see this topper over the colors in this collection, Jenne from Polished Pathology has swatches of that!)

As with all of the other polishes in this post, I am also showing this matte on my ring finger and pinkie.

Artificial lighting 
Shade

Sunlight


What do you think of this collection? I feel like we've seen so many neon collections lately, but the colors in this one are different than any of the ones I currently own. I am also told they watermarble! I am the world's worst watermarbler, but I may try with these soon!

This collection launches tonight, May 27th, at 7 PM central! 

Check out Darling Diva at the links below!
Store 



Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10