Monday, May 9, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen Does Whimsy: Whimsical Tree



Hello! It is time for a brand new week with the Digit-al Dozen! April just flew by, and May is doing the same so far! It's hard to believe we're nearly halfway through May already. Anyway, this month's Digit-al Dozen theme is Whimsy! This one has been a hard theme for me because "whimsy" isn't typically my style. I am having a lot of fun trying to think outside my box though and had a lot of fun creating the mani I have to show you today!



When I started brainstorming for ideas for this theme I was thinking of al of the "typical" things that would come to mind - flowers, fairies, butterflies, etc. But I really wanted to try to come up with something different so I did an image search for whimsy and this image was one of the first results. I thought this would be a really fun design to recreate in nail art, and I was right! I love doing freehand swirls! It's been awhile since I've done much freehand and I can tell I'm rusty, but I really enjoyed creating this look.


I used a base of Darling Diva Polish Go Suck Someplace Else from their new Naughty Bunny Collection (review coming soon!). The design was created with acrylic paint, a striping brush and various dotting tools. I then topped it off with Girly Bits Glitter Glaze and Polish Matte'rs, because everything is better matte! ;)



I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with for this theme! Make sure to check them out below!








Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

5 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10