Monday, January 11, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen Does New and Improved: Day 1 - Dotted Heart




Hello and welcome to a brand new Digit-al Dozen Week! The theme this month is "new and improved" - so many possibilities with this theme! New techniques we've never tried before, improving on things we may not be the best at or even re-creating old manis that we want to improve! Today I chose to try a type of nail art I've never done before. I've seen "dotted image" nail art before but when I saw this mani from fellow Digit-al Dozen-er Lindsey from Wondrously Polished I knew I wanted to attempt some this week.

As with most things I decide to attempt, it was SO much harder than I anticipated! I expected it to be hard, but sheesh! LOL! This was the final result after removing it and re-doing it about 12 times. Let's see how I did!





Something else I've been trying very hard to improve is my indoor lighting for my photos. Part of the reason I haven't been blogging as much as I used to is that my schedule has been pretty crazy and being able to take photos during the day has gotten extremely difficult. I'm still not 100% happy with them, but I can tell a big difference and I am going to keep trying to improve them until I am happy with them!

Now, for the mani at hand! (Hehe, see what I did there? ;) ) I started with a base of Inglot 653 (swatches coming soon), which was a gift from a lovely friend. I am obsessed with red and black together so I decided to create the heart using black acrylic paint. After multiple attempts I finally got a design that resembled a heart and called it good! I topped everything off with a coat of Girly Bits What a Rush. I considered adding a matte topcoat (you all know that's my favorite!), but this red was so shiny on its own I was really enjoying the finished product in all of its shiny glory.




Make sure you check out the amazingly talented ladies below! We have 6 brand new members starting this month and they all brought their a-game so make sure you show them some love as well!











Thanks for reading and happy polishing!

4 comments :

  1. Your perseverance paid off! I haven't done this either; I've seen so many cool mani's with the method and its on my list of things to do some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and creative! I really wouldn't have been able to shape this as nicely as you did at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10