Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen Does New and Improved: Day 5 - One Stroke Flower



Hello, everyone! I am incredibly late with my final Digit-al Dozen mani this month, but I figured it was better to be late than not finish! Computer issues and migraines have made blogging especially difficult this week but I missed so many Digit-al Dozen posts the last few months I was determined to finish this one, even if it is late.

I am really glad I decided to do this mani today because I've been wanting to try one stroke flowers for, literally, years. I believe I first saw them right around the time I created my blog, which was 4 years and 3 months ago (time flies!). I didn't think I was able to do any nail art then, especially anything as intricate as flowers. It really shows me how much I've grown and changed since I started blogging!




I am really happy with how this nail art turned out, especially since it is the first time I have attempted the one stroke technique. If you don't know what one stroke is, it is where you put two different colors on your brush at the same time and create a very smooth line that blends beautifully. There are a lot of different tutorials on YouTube to create all different types of flowers but I ended up winging this design.

I'm going to warn you now that I have (probably) way too many photos of this mani. I just couldn't narrow them down tonight!



I used a base of Darling Diva Polish More Wine Nao (swatches coming soon), which is a gorgeous wine/purple soft (metalure) holo. I used acrylic paint for the flower and topped everything off with Darling Diva's Pryzmatic Top Coat.




And of course I had to see what it looks like matte! Can you believe this is the first time I have used my matte top coat all week?? 




I love this one both matte and shiny - which do you prefer?


Make sure you check out all of the amazingly talented ladies below! I will see you back soon and we will be back next month with another fun Digit-al Dozen week!











Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

2 comments :

  1. I adore these! If I had a successful one stroke I'd probably have a hundred photos up on my blog about it lol. I have such nail envy right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10