Sunday, January 24, 2016

Darling Diva Polish: The Force Part 2 Collection - Swatches and Review




Happy weekend, everyone! I have the newest collection from Darling Diva Polish to show you today - The Force Collection Part 2, based on The Star Wars movies, of course. This is a gorgeous collection with something for everyone! These are available now, so let's get started!





There are 8 polishes with varying finishes in this collection and all of the formulas were easy to work with. I used one coat of Darling Diva Pryzmatic Top Coat in all photos. 


Blood is Thicker is my favorite from the collection, but I'm sure that probably won't surprise most of you! This is a deep red jelly/crelly polish with gold holo microglitter. This one is so much prettier and so much sparklier than I could capture in photos. I thought this one might need two coats of top coat due to the glitter but I ended up only needing one.


Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

Shade

Shade

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

-----------------------------------------------------------


Cloud City is a beautiful bright blue packed with iridescent flakes, pink/purple shifting shimmer and loose linear holo. This one is a little sheerer than the others in the collection to let the shimmer and flakes shine, but I had opacity with three coats. 

Artificial lighting

Shade

Shade

Sunlight

Sunlight

---------------------------------------------------


These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For... is a white crelly with a mix of blue hex, red squares and various shapes and sizes of gold and holo glitters. This one combines C-3PO and R2-D2 (I have to admit I am not a Star Wars fan and even I can appreciate this reference!). The formula was very easy to work with, especially for a white crelly, but I did use the "toothpick method" before applying, as I do with most of this type of polish, to make sure all the glitters were easily picked up by the brush.

Artificial lighting

Shade

Shade

Sunlight

Sunlight

----------------------------------------------------------


My M'Effen Lightsaber is Purple made me laugh out loud when I read the name! On top of the name being a hilarious tribute to Samuel L. Jackson playing a Jedi, this polish is absolutely gorgeous. It is light purple linear holo (it is more holo in person than it appears in the photos) with purple shimmer and metallic silver and purple flakes, which give it a very blingy and metallic look overall. It's so shiny!! I'm showing 2 coats in the photos. 

Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

Shade

Shade

Sunlight

Sunlight 
Sunlight



-----------------------------------------------------------


Rey is a soft, neutral polish that still has a lot of visual interest. It is a warm gold linear holo with gold flakes and shimmer. Very soft and feminine. I am showing 2 coats.  

Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

Shade

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

------------------------------------------------------------


Do or Do Not, There is No Try is, of course, a tribute to Yoda! This is described by the maker as a "dirty apple green" and I think that is absolutely perfect. I love the shade of this green and the rose gold shimmer really makes it special. Add in the flakes and holo and you've got a winner! This one is opaque in 2 regular or 3 thin coats (I am showing 3 thin coats).

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Shade

Shade

Artificial lighting

------------------------------------------------------


Come to the Dark Side is another standout for me. It is a black jelly full of silver flakes, linear holo and red glitter that really pops. This is such a well put together polish and the flakes in the black jelly base sometimes make it look like it has a brown shift. This is gorgeous and quite unique in my collection. Opaque in 2-3 coats, I am showing 2 below.

Artificial lighting

Shade

Shade

Shade

Sunlight

Sunlight

----------------------------------------------------


Let the Wookiee Win is my other favorite from this collection! This one is such a gorgeous shade of brown and is packed with gold flakes and linear holo, as well as sparks of holo microglitter.  I am showing 2 coats. 


Artificial lighting

Partial sunlight (cloudy sky)

Partial sunlight (cloudy sky)

Shade

Shade

Shade

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight


Such a gorgeous collection with something for everyone! Which ones will you be grabbing? This collection launched on Friday the 23rd and are available as we speak! 

Darling Diva has recently started using a one-pour system so once a polish is sold out, it's gone for good. Don't delay if you see one you just have to have!
Check out Darling Diva at the links below!
Darling Diva Store 


Thanks for reading and happy polishing!



.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10