Saturday, January 30, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas: Films - Gaslight



Happy Saturday! I am squeezing this mani in by the skin of my teeth! I didn't know if I would have time to do this nail art but I am so glad I managed it because it is one of my favorite manis ever! This week's theme is "films" and I decided to use one of my all-time favorite movies as inspiration: Gaslight. (For more about this movie please continue reading!)



I would imagine many of you may have never heard of Gaslight. That's quite sad because it is a wonderful movie. Made in 1944, it stars Ingrid Bergman, Charles Boyer and Joseph Cotten, as well as the supporting talents of a very young and sultry Angela Landsbury. It is filled with suspense and mystery. Charles Boyer is Ingrid Bergman's sketchy husband with a secret to hide, and is willing to drive his wife insane to do so. "Gaslighting" is the act of trying to drive someone insane. I highly recommend watching it if you haven't seen it already! My nail art is loosely based on the following screenshot from the movie. 

Source




I started off with SinfulSHINE Steel Reserve, which is a very dark grey creme. I then sponged on Girly Bits Elephant Shoe and Salon Perfect Sugar Cube very lightly until I got the "foggy" look that I wanted. I topcoated and let that dry before going in with my acrylic paint to create the rest of the mani. I used Darling Diva's Pryzmatic Top Coat to seal everything and then finished it all off with my favorite matte top coat, Girly Bits Polish Matte'rs.



I hope you enjoyed this nail art as much as I have! Make sure you check out the other manis below!









Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

2 comments :

  1. Saw the thumbnail and immediately thought of Bergman! Such a beautiful mani!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10