Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen Does New and Improved: Day 2 - Needle Drag



Hello, hello! It's Day 2 of Digit-al Dozen New and Improved Week and I have a technique that I have tried (and failed) at many times! I did manage a pretty good toothpick marble a couple of years ago (which you can see here) that I did using a tutorial from Sheila at Pointless Cafe. However, I've tried several times since then with no success. Maybe it was beginner's luck? LOL Anyway, I decided I wanted to try this design from Sveta Sanders - which was completely insane. I tried for over an hour and was ready to throw in the towel until I got some help from Sheila. It took me awhile and lots of tweaking but with her help I was able to get a design I was pretty happy with!



I used China Glaze Too Yacht to Handle as my base (my obsession for this color that started last year is still going strong - I'm nearing the end of this bottle!) and created the design using Sinful Colors High Spirits, which I received as a very sweet RAOK from Steph over at Imperfectly Painted. (Thanks Steph, I love it!)  I think these colors look really great together!



Make sure you check out the gorgeous manis below!









Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

6 comments :

  1. That looks great Ashley. I can never get it to work properly, and I've tried many times over the years. I think for me most of the time the polish dries too fast. I also have a hard time with getting it to not drag all the way down to the nail bed no matter how lightly I drag, or how wet or thick the polish is.
    Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam! My main issue was dragging it to the nail bed as well. I tried several different polish combos and tools. I used a toothpick on some of them (my ring finger here was a toothpick) and I even tried a small nail art brush, which helped me control the polish a little better and not go as deep.

      Delete
  2. That looks great Ashley. I can never get it to work properly, and I've tried many times over the years. I think for me most of the time the polish dries too fast. I also have a hard time with getting it to not drag all the way down to the nail bed no matter how lightly I drag, or how wet or thick the polish is.
    Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! I haven't tried this method yet; it seems hard though so it might be one of those that I will admire but never do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how pretty!! I'd say these were well worth the trouble!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10