Monday, September 14, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Re-Creations: Day 1 - Floral Lace Half Moons



Today starts another Digit-al Dozen Week and I'm super excited about this one! This month is the 3rd anniversary of the Digit-al Dozen, so to celebrate we are re-creating Digit-al Dozen manis from the past. It's been so overwhelming to try to decide on only 5 manis to do with so much talent and so many gorgeous nail art looks to choose from! Today I decided to re-create a manicure that I have wanted to try since I first saw it posted. This one is Floral Lace Half Moons from Jacki at Adventures in Acetone.







Jacki created a tutorial for this mani so it was even easier to recreate. The only thing I did differently that her tutorial was use a white base under my gradient. I tried it without but my nails are very stained and I could tell even if I could get them covered it would take forever. I thought about going with a different color combo but I really liked the one Jacki used so I decided to go with the same colors.





You may notice I have a new nail shape. I've been experimenting and I decided to wear them like this for awhile. I wore this mani for 6 days (which is a long time for me!) and decided to change them slightly when I removed it so they are a little bit different for tomorrow's mani, but not much.

Products I used:
Girly Bits Border Patrol
Girly Bits Smooth Move Base Coat (to help cover the staining in the negative space areas, as well as to create a smooth base)
Barry M Green Berry
KBShimmer Hugs and Wishes
China Glaze Are You Jelly? (because I couldn't find my bottle of Orly Frolic LOL)





I really enjoyed wearing this mani, though I will admit I saw pastel Daleks when I looked at them. ;)


The other ladies are already killing it this week so make sure you check out the amazing manis below!










Thanks for reading and happy polishing!




.

2 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10