Friday, September 4, 2015

Gradient Honeycomb



Hello and happy weekend! Happy long weekend to most of my US readers. I have a nail art post for you tonight! A nail art post and it isn't even Digit-al Dozen week. LOL! I've been so busy lately that I haven't had much time for blogging, which has put me behind. Because of that I've spent every spare moment trying to swatch and get caught up. But this has not left anytime for nail art and I have not been enjoying my nails like I normally do. So last night I decided I was going to do something fun. I spent over 4 hours trying to pull off a successful water marble. I wasn't happy with the results, but I think I have figured out what I was doing wrong and plan on trying again soon. Even though my attempts weren't successful, I did have a lot of fun trying. And then I decided I was going to put on something I could wear as a full mani and just have fun looking at.


*Both brands featured in this post are having Labor Day sales so make sure you check out their social media accounts!*

I recently received the Darling Diva Polish Hug My Face Collection (AKA the Alien Collection) to review and they are so stunning. I couldn't wait to play with them! I will have full swatches soon, but for now, here's a little sneak peek.





For this mani I used three polishes from the Darling Diva Alien Collection and some honeycomb design vinyls from Stick It Nail Vinyls that I recently purchased. I started off with a base of Mother, which is a pale grey holo. 


Shade

Once my base was dry I topped it with the honeycomb nail vinyls. I then did a gradient with Bad As* and Have You Ever Been Mistaken for a Man?. I love how these colors went together and they were all so easy to work with. The two colors I used for the gradient were very opaque and super easy to use for nail art.


Overcast sunlight

I hope you enjoyed this mani as much as I am! All of the polishes I used (as well as the rest of the Hug My Face Collection) are currently in stock. I'm going to try to start making more time for nail art, so hopefully you will be seeing a lot more of it from me in the future! I'm not sure if I will be posting again over the holiday weekend, so if I don't see you again until next week, I hope you all have a great weekend!

*Both brands featured in this post are having Labor Day sales so make sure you check out their social media accounts!*

Darling Diva Polish links


Stick It! Nail Vinyl links
Store
Instagram
Also sold at winstonia.com


Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

3 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10