Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Re-Creations: Day 2 - Splash Flowers



It's Day 2 of Digit-al Dozen Re-Creation Week and I'm back with a mani that honors 2 of my fellow Digit-al Dozen members: Kirsten from Geeky Owl and Emily from The Lacquerologist!







If you follow Emily (The Lacquerologist) you have seen her splash flowers. She has done several gorgeous looks with them and even has a tutorial for them in her book! Kirsten (Geeky Owl) created her own version of the splash flowers during Digit-al Dozen Nature Week. I loved the colors she used and figured this would be a great opportunity to try some splash flowers!




I used the same colors Kirsten used, Barry M Gelly in Chai and Green Berry. I did my flowers freehand and added dots in the same style Emily used in her mani I linked above. I also did a couple of accent nails (ring and thumb) where I flipped the colors and flower placement. I topped with one coat of Glisten and Glow HK Girl, followed by a coat of Girly Bits Polish Matte'rs because I am a little obsessed with matte finish on my nail art.



Here it is with my inspiration manis!



Make sure to check out what my fellow Digit-al Dozen members at the links below!











Thanks for reading and happy polishing!



.

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! This color scheme allows the splash floral to translate perfectly into fall :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10