Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Re-Creations: Day 4 - Curved Lines and Dots



Hello, lovelies! It's Day 4 of Digit-al Dozen Re-Creations Week and I have a super fun mani to share with you today! The original version of the mani I have for you today was done by the lovely Mandy from Lady Maid Nails.




This mani is more of an "inspired by" than an exact "re-creation." Amanda originally created this look during Geometric Week (click the link to be taken to her post!). I created the same pattern as the original but used a very different color combo. I loved the colors she used but I was honestly dying to use ILNP Mega (X) as I have had it for a few weeks and still had not worn it. I love it as the base for this mani!


I started with 3 coats of ILNP Mega (X) (swatches will be coming soon) and once that was dry I added the curved lines using acrylic paint and a striping brush. I then added the dots with a dotting tool and Sinful Colors Black on Black. Once it was finished I topped it with G&G HK Girl Top Coat.



I really like how my ring finger and pinkie turned out. You can tell they were the last two nails I did because my lines are skinner. Haha!


And a picture of both manis side-by-side! I apologize that the poses are so different. It's the only pose I had that was square and the others just didn't look right in a collage.


Please make sure to check out all of the amazing talent below! I will see you tomorrow for the conclusion of Re-Creation Week!






Thanks for reading and happy polishing!



.

2 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10