Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Re-Creations: Day 3 - Tone on Tone With a Splash of Red



Hello and happy hump day! Today brings us to the halfway point of Digit-al Dozen Re-Creation Week and the mani I have to show you today is one of my personal favorites that I have ever done. The original version of this mani was created by the lovely Sheila from Pointless CafĂ© during Floral Week.





I actually did this mani twice. The first time I did it I was not happy with it at all, but it allowed me to figure out what I did wrong and I am pleased with how the second one turned out! It's actually one of my favorite nail art manis that I've ever done and I am sad that I have to take it off tonight.





I was smitten with Sheila's mani when I saw it. I have always loved black, white and red together and the simplicity of the colors really allowed her gorgeous flowers to shine. Mine is very similar but I did change it up a little. I really wanted to add some dandelions "blowing" in the wind and I was happy with how those turned out!




 I used a base of Salon Perfect Sugar Cube and created a very slight gradient with Sinful Colors Black on Black. I then used acrylic paint to create everything else (except the red). Once dry I topped it with a G&G HK Girl fast dry top coat, then with Girly Bits Polish Matte'rs. To finish it off I used Kiko #240 for the pop of red (which is the same red Sheila used).



And here's my mani next to the original!




Make sure you check out all of the amazingly talented ladies below!









Thanks for reading and happy polishing!



.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10