Friday, November 9, 2012

Chanel Dragon is Red Perfection!

Happy Friday! 

This is the beginning of my "birthday weekend" (my birthday is the 11th) and I have an early birthday pressie to show you tonight. I have received so many sweet polish gifts from some AMAZING ladies that I consider friends.  I have worn many of them but haven't had a chance to post them - I hope to get them all posted soon!

I received Chanel Dragon from my friend Sheila at Pointless Cafe. I have had this one on my wishlist for a long time and am so thrilled to have it. And it is my first Chanel! Yipee! Thanks so  much, Sheila! ♥

I would describe Dragon as a blood red. I think it would look good on cool-toned or warm-toned skin.The formula was PERFECT. It is, by far, the most opaque red creme that I own (and I have a LOT of reds). This could have been a one-coater but I used two. I topped it off with one coat of Poshe. I have been wearing it for 2 days (and am still wearing it as I type) and I have no chips or tip wear. 


Chanel Dragon - under artificial light

Chanel Dragon - under artificial light

Chanel Dragon - under artificial light

Chanel Dragon - under artificial light

Chanel Dragon - in the shade


Chanel Dragon - in the sun

Chanel Dragon - in the sun

Chanel Dragon - in the sun

Isn't it a perfect red?! I LOVE it!

Dragon is part of Chanel's core line and retails for $26. 



Thanks for reading! ♥


.

4 comments :

  1. This is a beautiful red! I still don't own a single chanel. Hopefully that will change after Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh thats a lovely colour looks so so glossy :) Happy birthday for tomorrow!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it on you! It's one of my go-to reds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to get something sent to you that is been on your wish list. It' a shade that many folks really love. I have lusted over reds since...well the 60's and early 70's were done and we finally came out of wearing only white and pink frosts unless you were a real old fuddy duddy. But then I don't think I wore much of any polish in the early 70's being the left over hippy I was and working in the music industry. Finally toward the mid to end 70's mauve dusty roses became popular for my age group, but we started to see a lot of reds again that were OK for my age range to appear in - I think the music industry merging into a much more showy time with sparkle and what I call my first 'glitter' phase (Ziggy Stardust days), it was OK to start to wear reds...and from that point on I always have been a red polish hound.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10