Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dandy Nails You Set My Soul Alight - Swatches and Review (and matte!)

Happy Saturday everyone!! Before I get to the AMAZING polish I have for you today I want to tell you about something new I am starting on Saturdays. For the next few weeks I am going to do "Guest Post Saturday's" (GPS hehehe) and will feature a post from one of my favorite bloggers each Saturday! I have some pretty amazing bloggers on board and I am super excited for this! Okay, now to the lovely polish I have for you today.

I must admit I have not been keeping up with all of the Etsy sellers. I have a few that I have and I like them but I guess I just haven't gotten swept up in the frenzy of it all. I am, however, obsessed with one Etsy seller and that is Dandy Nails. I now have 5 of them (small by Blogger standards, I know LOL) and I can't wait to get more of them! I purchased 3 on this last round and I am in love with all of them. The quality of her polish is amazing. The glitters do not sink like many other Etsy polishes and her formula is fabulous. I really can't say enough good things about Dandy Nails, if you don't have any you need to get some asap.

You Set My Soul Alight is black with multi-colored microglitter scattered throughout. It is so pretty and such a nice way to do black, it seems lit from within! Dandy Nails has recently gotten a new brush for the bottles and I love it. It is wide and flat, it reminds me of OPI's brush except not quite as wide.

I love her labels and the handle of the brush is SLIGHTLY squared at the top to make gripping it easier.

Old brush on the bottom, new brush on the top. I don't mind the old one but I really like the new one.

I used 2 coats of YSMSA for full opacity, no "underwear" required. It dried a bit dull but ONE coat of top coat (I used Cult Nails Wicked Fast) made it completely smooth and shiny. 

First up some sunlight pics (we have more than enough of that here in Arizona LOL)




Inside under artificial lighting...





I had seen one post on YSMSA from Pointless Cafe (you can see her post HERE) where she had put matte top coat on an accent nail and I loved it and decided I needed to see it matte. LOL So I added one coat of Hard Candy's Matte-ly In Love for the last 4 photos.





Isn't it amazing matte?! I can't decide how I like it better. I currently have one hand matte and one shiny. LOL

Sorry about the doggie hair on my index finger. It is way too short to be Snickerdoodle's or Sam's, it must be Sasha's. :) 

Snickerdoodle on the left, Sasha on the right. :)

You can purchase Dandy Nails on her Etsy page and make sure to follow her on Facebook so you can stay up-to-date on when she re-stocks!  Dandy Nails polishes sell for $8 for a full-size 0.5 oz. bottle.

8 comments :

  1. Wow this is so pretty and then you added the matte!! Speechless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing. Love it both shiny and matte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack, I can't decide which I like better. Both stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both look great on you, but I prefer it shiny. One matte and one shiny sounds like a great compromise though :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the matte look! I'm curious how similar this is to A England Bridal Veil. Would love a comparison post!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for the compliment! Unfortunately I do not have Bridal Veil but I don't think they are overly similar. This one has scattered glitter while BV is a tightly scattered, almost linear, holo. I hope that helps!
      You can see swatches of BV here: http://pointlesscafe.blogspot.com/2012/01/england-legends-collection-swatches-and.html

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10