Monday, August 3, 2015

Elevation Polish & Pahlish: The Venetian Duo - Swatches and Review




Hello! Today I am going to show you a gorgeous duo that you have probably already seen, but it's definitely worth seeing again! This is a duo by Elevation and Pahlish as part of their collaborative Marco Polo Collection(s). You can see my post on Elevation's Marco Polos Collection here.



The Venetian Duo consists of a thermal polish by Elevation and a complex flake polish by Pahlish that were designed to work together. I will list each maker's descriptions of their polish below.

Elevation Polish The Merchant's Son 

Lulu's description: Thermal aqua/turquoise when hot and dusty teal when cold with lots of green micro shimmer that ends up subtle on the nail. Thinner polish style for me, light thin 3 coats for full coverage. The thermal aspect of the polish will be active for approx. 6 months and after that, it will rest closer to the color of cold but not as intense.


This is a gorgeous shimmery turquoise shade and I love the subtle transition. It is a thinner formula than most Elevations, but I still only needed two coats for opacity. Your mileage may vary though. The formula was easy to work with and I had no issues. I am showing two coats and one coat of top coat. I am showing the warm state on my index and middle nails and the cold state on my ring finger and pinkie.

Sunlight

Shade


Sunlight

 ------------------------------------------------------

 Pahlish The Wayfarer

Shannon's description: A versatile topper blended of platinum flake shimmer, iridescent glitter, ultra chrome flake shimmers in a variety of colors that evokes the color tones of old world venice near the water (copper, gold, green, silver, blue).

This topper is so sparkly and complex, but not overdone. I love the variety of of colors and how well they work together. It looks amazing over The Merchant's Son, but I can also see it looking amazing over a lot of other colors as well. I had no issues with the formula and I am showing just one easy coat, with one coat of top coat.

Sunlight

Shade


Sunlight


Such a gorgeous duo! Have you picked it up already? If not, you are in luck because it is available now! It is currently in stock in Pahlish's shop (link below) and will be available in Elevation Polish's shop on Friday, August 7th. 

Links

Elevation Polish

Pahlish


Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

2 comments :

  1. These two are so gorgeous together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this combination! It reminds me of how turquoise stones look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10