Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Food: Day 2 - Pizza Date!




Happy Tuesday! I am back with another Digit-al Dozen Food post! While chatting with a few fellow Digit-al Dozen members we realized we had all done pizza nails for this week (because pizza is awesome), so we decided to "go out for pizza together" and all post our pizza manis on the same day! Food is always better when you share it with friends!





Jacki from Adventures in Acetone, Laurie from Dressed-Up Digits, Sheila from Pointless Cafe and Victoria from Vic and Her Nails (as well as myself, obviously) are all having a pizza date today. I love pizza and I love these ladies, so it seems like a win/win to me!




I don't usually do negative space manis on myself for a couple of reasons. One, while I love how they look on other people, I don't normally care for them on myself. Two, my nails are very stained so I usually try to keep them covered. But I thought the pizza slices would look cool with negative space around them so I solved the staining issue by doing the slices upside down (since my tips are more stained than the rest of my nail) and I put down a base of Girly Bits Smooth Move (ridge filling base coat) that I recently purchased from Lulu's Favorite Things at Elevation Polish. I love how Smooth Move tinted my nails just slightly so it looked like my natural nail, but much better! It also smoothed out the ridges I had and made the finished look so nice. It gets two polished thumbs up from me!





I created the pizza slices using acrylic paints. I then topped the mani with a coat of top coat and a coat of Girly Bits Polish Matte'rs, which is probably the best and most matte matte top coat I've used. I got this while I was in Las Vegas for CosmoProf and I'm so glad I did because I had been on the hunt for a really good matte top coat! I definitely like it well enough to repurchase when I've used this bottle.





I hope you enjoyed our pizza date! Make sure you check out all of the other yummy manis below! (This week is making me hungry!)












Thanks for reading and happy polishing!



.

2 comments :

  1. I usually dislike negative space manis for the same reason, but these are so freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza pizza! I love that you just did the pizza and left the background naked!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10