Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Dark Shadows Inspired Mani ♥

 Nothing to Disclose

Happy Day-Before-Halloween! I haven't had much time for Halloween Nail Art this year which makes me sad because I love doing spooky manis. So I figured if I only had time left to do a select few I should choose the ones I was really excited about. And I was very excited for this one!

I started watching the original Dark Shadows series (don't even get me started on the movie re-make! LOL) a couple of years ago with my mom (she had watched it as a kid) and I was hooked almost instantly. The story lines are good, the acting is amazing (especially considering they filmed a brand new episode live every day) and I really enjoyed  the whole "gothic, spooky" feel of the show.


Post continued after the jump!

I have wanted to do a Dark Shadows mani for a while but didn't quite know how to go about it. If I were super talented I would have drawn the faces of the characters and maybe Barnabas' Cane but I don't have the skills for that (at least not yet!). So, I improvised. My index and middle nails are my version of the waves crashing against the rocks in the title screen, my ring finger is vampire fangs, my pinkie features bats over a blood red base and my thumb is spooky eyes that reminded me of the photo of Barnabas' eyes on the DVD cover. I am really in love with the red base I created on my thumb and pinkie. I will be recreating it as a full mani soon and giving you all a better look at that.

In the first pic I used a matte top coat (butter LONDON) over the black on my ring finger and in the second pic I topped the whole nail with a shiny top coat. 



So, what do you think? Are you a fan of the original Dark Shadows?  I'd love to hear your thoughts! I am hoping to squeeze in another Halloween mani or two!

And here's the opening theme song for you - I have this as the ringtone on my phone when my mom calls! LOL



Thanks for reading and spooky polishing! ♥

.





8 comments :

  1. OOOOOOOOH fabulous!!!! I super LOVE Dark Shadows the original TV show and even the remake TV show the movie was AWFUL! This mani is just fantastic!!! I love the fangs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this & Dark Shadows!! (the show.. not the movie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark Shadows is awesome! Coolest mani EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hoping you might have done a youtube tutorial for this. What beautiful details!! Come and do my nails, too!! :-D

    Oh, and I ADORE Dark Shadows. I've been a fan since the mid-90s!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great manicure for Halloween! well done :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10