Monday, October 7, 2013

Autumn Theme Week Day 1 - Autumn Pond Manicure ♥

Nothing to Disclose

I am joining in on Autumn Theme Week with some other amazing bloggers and for Day 1 I have an Autumn Pond Manicure! 


Post continued after the jump!

I have done "Pond Manicures" before, except with stamps (calling them "Stampwiches").  This was my first time attempting one freehand and I am very happy with how it turned out! I don't get a lot of time to practice freehand nail art but I'm really starting to enjoy trying to enjoy it more so I might have to start trying to squeeze it in more often!  If you are unsure of how to do a Pond Manicure you can follow this tutorial my friend Jacki did over at Adventures in Acetone! You basically alternate layering a jelly polish with nail art of your choice.


Before I get to the rest of the photos of my manicure, I have to ask a question. Am I the only one who thinks of Amelia Pond whenever I hear the word "pond?" I'm certain there are a lot of other Whovians who do the same, right? ;)

Amelia Pond from Doctor Who



Autumn Pond Manicure (artificial  lighting)

I used The Nail Junkie Orange as my base and the leaves were done with SinfulSHINE Mirror, Mirror and Devious, Cult Nails Ay Poppy and Elevation Polish Xixabangma. 

Autumn Pond Manicure (indirect natural lighting)

Autumn Pond Manicure (sunlight)
Autumn Pond Manicure (sunlight)

Have you tried a Pond Manicure? I used to hate jelly polishes but I am loving them lately, especially for using them in this way. I am excited for the rest of Autumn Week!

Make sure to check out the other bloggers' posts below!





Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.

8 comments :

  1. That is a really cool mani. I love the depth of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally gorgeous, and I AM Amelia Pond (she stole my fake name) AND I love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the coloring for Amelia Pond's picture dead ON! I love the colors you used on this mani..LOVE the autumn leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely mani, and no, you're definitely not the only one thinking of Amy when hearing the wort Pond :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these so much. Such beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10