Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Autumn Theme Week Day 3 - Autumn Branches and Leaves ♥

Nothing to Disclose

I'm late getting this posted but better late than never, right? I received my Above the Curve order in the mail last night and could not wait to get Akiko on my fingers! It does not disappoint! Such a perfect color for Autumn, but also great for year 'round wear as well. 

Akiko is an autumnal copper holographic polish that sometimes looks deep gold, depending on the light. It had a formula as perfect as a crisp autumn day. No issues at all. I thought it would make the perfect base for today's nail art and added some simple branches and leaved on top of it. 


Post continued after the jump!


I used a striping brush for the branches and a detail brush for the leaves (which look much better at a distance than they do up close and personal). I used Poshe Top Coat an d it did not diminish the holo effect of Akiko.



And this is what it looked like before I added the leaves. This was quite pretty and I considered just leaving it at that but I felt like the leaves made it feel more like like Autumn. 



I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did!

Don't forget Shawn and Angel from Above the Curve donate $1 from every bottle of polish sold to the Shriner's Hospital for Children. 

Amazing polish and a wonderful cause? It doesn't get much better than that!  Here is their mission statement and links if you would like to learn more:
"Our Mission is to raise awareness for Shriner's Hospital's for Children and Scoliosis.I encourage you to visit these website's to learn more about them. http://www.shrinershq.org/ and http://www.scoliosis.org/"


Above the Curve polishes are available on their Big Cartel shop here and their Etsy shop here. You can also follow them on Facebook here to stay up-to-date on availability, new collections, promos, etc.  Full-sized bottles retail for $9.00. 

Don't forget to check out the other amazing manis below!


Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥

.

2 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10