Monday, October 12, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen Does Autumn: Day 1 - Autumn Colors and Branches



It's a brand new Digit-al Dozen Week and this week our theme is Autumn! I love autumn, it is my favorite season. That being said, I don't really have autumn here. It was 102 degrees today in AZ, and will continue to hit triple digits all week. I decorate for autumn and enjoy the cool (for here) mornings, but I know it's not the same as living somewhere with 4 seasons and gorgeous changing leaves. I hope I get to live somewhere with 4 seasons some day, but until then I will pretend.

My mani today was created from the perspective of standing under trees and looking up where the leaves are changing above. I wasn't sure I loved it when I finished it, but it has grown on me today as I've worn it!





I created the base of this mani by sponging on several different colors - too many to name LOL - in order to get the effect I was going for. I then added the branches using brown acrylic paint.





Make sure to check out all of the other amazing manis below, including the introductory mani from a brand new Digit-al Dozen member, Mina from Cubbiful!













Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

4 comments :

  1. Awww, thanks for the intro, sweetie <3
    Really liked these and when I read the bit about 'under the tree', I could totally see it!

    ps. don't worry too much about the whole 4 seasons thing - just think you don't get surprise rain showers as often haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very pretty! I totally see your inspiration here and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That base is gorgeous! Love the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looove that sparkly base! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10