Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Darling Diva Polish: Hug My Face Collection (AKA Alien Collection) - Swatches and Review


Hello everyone! I feel like it's been forever since I posted a collection review. Life has been slapping me upside the head lately and I feel like I've been a pretty crappy blogger. I'm hoping to be able to get back on a more regular schedule soon. I am going to be out of town next week but I have some guest posts lined up for you, as well as some posts scheduled from me. Hopefully I will be able to get caught up very soon!

Today I have a collection that launched a few weeks ago and is currently available! This is my favorite type of collection - a wide variety of colors and finishes so there is something to please everyone! I have a lot of photos so keep on scrolling for the Darlin Diva Hug My Face Collection!




This collection is inspired by the Alien movie franchise. The names are cheeky and inspired by the movies and the colors are gorgeous. This is a lengthy post so let's get started!

A-ffirmative is a bright blue scattered holo with a subtle pink shimmer. The shimmer is more noticeable in person than in my photos. My dad is a huge fan of these movies and this line is something he STILL says often so it definitely brings back memories for me! The formula was smooth and easy, no issues. I'm showing 2 coats and 1 coat of top coat.


Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

Shade


-------------------------------

Bad Ass is one of my favorites from the collection! The name couldn't be more fitting. It is a black/ deep charcoal holo, but it is the metalure style holo (think a England) which is my favorite type of holo! The formula was so smooth and buttery it practically applied itself. I've worn this one a few times already, it's definitely a favorite now!

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight


Shade

Artificial lighting

---------------------------------------

Did IQs Just Drop Sharply While I Was Away is another favorite of mine! It is a black jelly/crelly base packed with red shimmer, along with holo shimmer and flakies. The red shimmer in a black base makes this polish appear as if it is shifting from red to deep brown depending on the lighting. So unique in my collection! The formula was easy to use and it was opaque in 2 coats. I'm showing 2 coats and 1 coat of top coat.


Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Shade

Artificial lighting



Artificial lighting

-------------------------------------------

Game Over, Man is one of the prettiest reds I have ever seen. If you know my love for red, you know that's saying something! This polish has so much depth and sparkle! It is a true bright red with red shimmer and iridescent pieces (micro-flakes? shards?). 2-3 coats for opacity depending on how thick your coats are.


Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Shade

Shade

Shade


Artificial lighting

---------------------------------------

Have You Ever Been Mistaken For A Man is a beautiful red-toned purple linear holo. The base color is so rich it is pretty even in the shade. The formula was smooth and easy. I'm showing 2 coats and 1 coat of top coat.

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Shade


Artificial lighting

-------------------------------------------

In Space No One Can Hear You Scream is a black jelly base with holo micro-glitter, holo shards and iridescent pieces. This one really does look like outer space! It's another one with a lot of depth and sparkle. I'm showing 2 coats and 1 coat of top coat.


Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

Shade

Shade

------------------------------------

Long Live the Queen is a rich teal linear holo with ultra-chrome flakes. So pretty in all lighting! The sun was playing hide-and-seek while I was swatching so I apologize for not having sulight pics of this one! I'm showing 2 coats and 1 coat of top coat.

Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

Shade

Shade

-----------------------------------


Mother is the surprise of the collection for me. I didn't expect this one to look good with my skin tone but, surprisingly, it looks pretty good! It is a very light grey with beautiful scattered holo and shimmer. I think I will be using this one a lot, especially in nail art!  I'm showing 2 coats and 1 coat of top coat.

Sunlight

Sunlight

Shade

Shade

Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

-----------------------------------

Xenomorph is a deep blackened jelly base with blue and green glitters. I loved Carrie's description and decided I had to share it here. "Xenomorph, technical term for an alien that will gestate in your chest and burst out during dinner. Quite the conversation starter during a stuffy dinner with the inlaws, no?" Since this one is a jelly you will probably need 3 coats for full opacity unless you use thicker coats. I am showing 3 thin coats and one coat of top coat.

Shade

Shade

Shade

Artificial lighting




There you have it! There is also a limited edition polish for this collection, Acid for Blood, that I don't have but you can see swatches on the listing, here. What are your favorites? Mine are Game Over, Man, Bad Ass and Did IQs Just Drop Sharply While I Was Away?

All of these are currently in stock except Have You Ever Been Mistaken For a Man?



Check out Darling Diva at the links below!
Darling Diva Store 


Thanks for reading and happy polishing!

.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10