Saturday, October 17, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas: Geeks - Harry Potter Dementors




Hello and Happy Saturday! This week's theme for 40 Great Nail Art Ideas is Geeks! I hadn't done a Harry Potter in a very long time and had this one in mind to try, so I figured now would be a great chance! So for today I created some dementors from Harry Potter!




I was inspired by the scene in Prisoners of Azkhaban where Harry conjures his patronus charm to get rid of the dementors. I was watching this exact scene as I finished this mani, which I thought was a pretty cool coincidence! I didn't create an exact replica of the scene, but I am pleased with how it turned out!



I used a base of Girly Bits Elephant Shoe, but I'm not sure any of that was still showing after I was done adding in layers. LOL I sponged on Orly Decoded and Zoya Natty, Sailor and Rocky. The rest was created with acrylic paint and then I topped it off with Girly Bits Polish Matte'rs.


I think it fits in well with "geekdom" and is perfect for the Halloween season!



I really am enjoying this challenge and hope you are as well. Make sure to check out the amazing manis below!








Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

2 comments :

  1. Love that you added a matte coat! Your dementors are AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dementors are pretty fearful creatures and I really screamed while watching them attacking harry in prisoner of azkaban movie, but these nail paints are pretty beautiful and appealing. I would love to apply them

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10