Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dandy Nails Through Glass - Swatches and Review

Tonight I have the second polish I purchased from Dandy Nails and it is absolutely stunning! If you missed my post on Colorblind yesterday you can find it HERE. The name on this polish could not describe it better, it looks like you are looking through broken glass. Holo broken glass. There are silver holo "shards" and hex glitter as well as a silver micro-shimmer (or at least that is what I am calling it LOL). Amazeballs.

I have swatched it over four colors and just like Colorblind it is almost perfectly smooth on its own. I have no idea how glitter this chunky can be smooth but it is. A top coat would make it have no bumps whatsoever. All of these pics are one coat of Through Glass (I used a dabbing method, as I do with all big glitters) with no top coat.

I forgot to include pics in my first post of the packaging so I will show you that first.

Isn't this adorable packaging?!

Very securely wrapped

Dandy Nails Through Glass and Colorblind


Over China Glaze Frostbite (post coming on Frostbite soon)






Over Misa Toxic Seduction (the silver micro-shimmer really changed the base color of the green)






Over China Glaze Long Kiss (post on Long Kiss coming soon)





Last but not least over Misa Fatal Affair (post coming soon, Fatal Affair is a very deep, rich purple)





I absolutely LOVE this polish!! Sandy, the creator of Dandy Nails, has created an amazing line of polish and I cannot wait to buy more of them!!

You can purchase Dandy Nails at her Etsy shop HERE. Make sure to follow her blog dandy-nails.com and her Facebook page!

10 comments :

  1. They look great. I especially like it over Frostbite and Long Kiss. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it - esp over Frost Bite and Long Kiss - (where have I been?? I don't remember either of these CG shades....are they new to the CG wall maybe and not from a collection?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. beachgal Both of the China Glaze colors are part of their permanent collection and are available at Sally's. I have had them awhile but I just checked online and they are still available. :)

      Delete
    2. And I think Long Kiss may be a dupe of OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress.

      Delete
  5. I haven't nabbed any Dandy Nails yet. I really need to. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10