Thursday, April 12, 2012

NYX Professionals Pastel Pistachio - Swatches and Review

What a gorgeous green creme I have for you tonight! I have fallen madly in love with cremes lately and can't seem to get enough of them. I didn't have many cremes up until now (because I didn't used to like them) so I have been buying mostly cremes lately. Right after I decided to go Cruelty-Free I saw Essie Navigate Her and loved the color. Essie is owned by L'Oreal who does animal testing so I don't purchase Essie anymore (actually, I have never purchased Essie, I never really saw any of their colors that I fell in love with LOL). So off to Google I went and found this NYX that was an ALMOST dupe. The NYX has a bit more blue but it is close enough for me.

I had a hard time finding this one though. It is part of the NYX Professionals line which is not as easy to find as the regular NYX. I ended up finding it on eBay. You can also visit their website at nyxcosmetics.com to find out more.

The formula on this polish was very nice, I am impressed. This is my first NYX (from any line) and I will be buying more. This was opaque in 2 coats and the formula was very nice. The brush is cut straight but was not too thick or thin. Oh, and I LOVE the bottle shape! It reminds me a little of the Deborah Lippmann bottles.

This is 2 coats with top coat. Excuse the cuticles, they were very dry and the messiness was my fault, not the polish. The first 2 pictures are inside and are the trues to the real color. All of the other pics were taken outside in direct sunlight.












What do you think of this color? Do you have any of the NYX Professionals? If so, what do you think?

13 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous!!! I love this shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very pretty green. It reminds me one of my favourite polish this spring - Maybelline Colorama Green Park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this shade of green but i think it'd give me lobster hands!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have none from the professional line yet, but I do have about 10 Nyx Girls and I totally love their formula and consistency. It's one of my favourite brands!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ehh this looks like deborah lippmann bottle?? cute color :) CTD would look great on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely color! very pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very gorgeous, creamy, spring-y green! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't own any of these polishes but I love the colour :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've reviewed a few of their colors and in general I think they are pretty good! I think it's kind of lame that they totally ripped off Deborah LIppmann's bottle design but I like their cremes a lot! Their shimmers tend to get a bit frosty and lots of brush strokes. I really like this green though! I'm always looking for the perfect light green that doesn't give me lobster hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, they do have the DL bottle design! I see a lot of companies rip off bottle designs however. You would think that a bottle shape would be trade marked - guess not!

      Delete
  10. I am really liking where many company's have taken greens to this year. Hated the chalky mints. The move into dustys last year was nice. This works well without being too primary pastel for me. Glad you are into creams. They always have been my fav formula - but then when I grew up it was all about white and pink frosted polish and lipsticks (late 60's). The formulas were horrible for frost/pearl and it was that or creams. The creams were 'it' in the 80's! Now I think I have pretty much a mix in my stash - with maybe a slight lean toward the creams. You can always layer up a cream and change it to anything you want. I so love a great cream formula that goes on just dreamy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10