Friday, January 2, 2015

13 Days Of January Nail Art Challenge, Day 1: Follow A Tutorial




Happy Friday! For my first post of 2015 I am kicking off a new nail art series for the month of January! The 13 Days of January Nail Art Challenge is one I am doing with some friends. It is a spin-off of Crumpet's 31 Day Challenge. There's a lot happening this month and we didn't feel we could commit to all 31 days, so this will be a less stressful challenge! 

Day 1's Prompt is "Follow a Tutorial" and I decided to try my hand at freehand houndstooth! I had been wanting to try this for a while so this seemed like the perfect opportunity. I followed this tutorial from Pointless Cafe. She made it super easy to follow! Unfortunately I am having issues with all of my nail art brushes and it was very hard for me to get clean lines. I was planning on doing more than one nail but I had to re-do this one several times and I was so frustrated by the time I got it done that I didn't even want to think about doing more. I have a new brush due to arrive tomorrow so hopefully it's a good one!




The base of this mani is Cacique Give Me Grey, which I picked up at a Lane Bryant store a few months ago.  This was my first time trying this brand. I quite like the color, it's a nice cool grey with blue undertones. The formula was a bit iffy but not overly problematic. I used 3 thin coats to help it apply evenly as it didn't self-level very well. The bottles and caps are square and the cap does not lift off so once you screw it back on, it's all caddywhompus, which bothers me greatly. I did like the brush though, it was flat and a nice width. The design was done with acrylic paint. After I used a regular top coat I added a coat of Wet 'n Wild Matte Top Coat.



Don't forget to check out all of the other manis below!





Thanks for reading and happy polishing! 

.



3 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10