Thursday, January 29, 2015

13 Days of January Nail Art Challenge - Recreate One of Your Old Manis




Good evening! Yesterday's prompt for the 13 Days of January Nail Art Challenge was to recreate one of our old manis. I was a bit under the weather yesterday so I'm posting a day late.

I decided to recreate my most-viewed (and most pinned on Pinterest) manicure that I created about 2 1/2 years ago. It positively makes me cringe when I look at it because I see every flaw in it. But I am so glad I chose to recreate it because it has shown me just how far I've come.




Post continued after the jump!



First I will show you a pic of my original mani (click here to be taken to my post)...




All I see when I look at that mani is all the mistakes and how messy it is. The new one isn't perfect but it really showed me how much I've improved over the years. Here it is shiny (how I wore it originally). 




I used the same colors I used the first time, Orly Decoded and Sinful Colors 24/7.  Of course, I prefer the matte version since I am loving matte so much lately...








 I urge everyone to go back and look at old pics of their manis (even if they aren't nail art) because it will really show you how far you've come! See you back tomorrow for the last day of the 13 Days of January Nail Art Challenge!

Make sure to check out the other awesome recreations below!







Thanks for reading and happy polishing!

.

6 comments :

  1. such cute nails! I love it :)
    lets follow eachother! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently went back to look at some of my old swatches, and they are seriously embarrassing! Nail polish all over the cuticles, not zoomed in, terrible lighting.... I'm definitely not the best, but I've made a lot of progress over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very colourful, I like the combo of colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome manicure! No wonder it's been pinned a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10