Tuesday, January 27, 2015

13 Days of January Nail Art Challenge: Complement and Contrast




Good morning! I have a quick post this morning. I tried to post this last night but my internet went out so it is late, but it's not my fault (this time LOL). I struggled with today's challenge prompt and I'm not very thrilled with how it turned out. But, it's better than not posting, right? They can't all be winners.



Post continued after the jump!



When I chose my base color (OPI Mod About You), I planned on pairing it with navy blue. I've always loved pink and blue together and I thought this combo would be very classy. Then I took a second look at the color wheel and realized the contrasting color to light pink is bright green. I love neon green and neon pink together, but I didn't like neon green with this base so I went with a more turquoise green (Barry M Green Berry).  I did like it a little better after adding the matte top coat, but this one just doesn't do much for me.

You might notice my nails are super short (again). I had a bad break over the weekend. Not while working under the hood of my car, but after I came in from working on my car and bumping  my nail on the bathroom counter. Irony at its finest. 



I should have a gorgeous collection to show you tomorrow and hopefully I'll like Wednesday's challenge mani more!




Make sure to check out all of the other manis below!







Thanks for reading and happy polishing!

.

3 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10