Monday, April 8, 2013

MANIc Monday! Gradient Laser Mani ♥

Hello and welcome to MANIc Monday! I am excited to introduce this new feature to my blog! Every Monday will now be MANIc Monday (get it, MANIc as in mani - hehe) and I will feature some sort of nail art. I may try to copy an amazing mani I've seen elsewhere or come up with something on my own. I really enjoy trying to do nail art but I don't seem to always make time for it. This way I will make myself make time for it! Hopefully it will help me improve my art skills as well!

For today's design I decided to copy a mani that I saw from two of my favorite nail bloggers (and people that I am happy to call friends!) - Amy at I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous and Sheila at Pointless Café

First up is Amy's amazing mani. For the direct link to her post, click here


Striping Tape Gradient by I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous

And next up is Sheila's awesome mani. For a direct link to her post, click here.


Striping Tape Gradient by Pointless Café


I don't have the gorgeous long nails that these ladies have so my striping tape and gradient goes about halfway up my nail but I still love the way it turned out! I started out with a base of Kiko #327 (Granite Grey/Grigio Granite) - a medium grey creme. I then sponged on Kiko #400 Grey Holo. I added topcoat and waited for that to dry before adding my striping tape and sponging on SoFLaJo Black Dagger. I did not add topcoat because I really love Black Dagger's leather finish!



Striping Tape Gradient

Striping Tape Gradient

Striping Tape Gradient

And here is a quick pic of my base, Kiko #327,  by itself...

Kiko 327

So, what do you think? Did I do this design justice? What do you think of MANIc Monday? I hope you enjoy - I can't wait to try more nail art!


Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥



.

5 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10