Monday, April 1, 2013

Light It Up Blue for Autism Speaks - Blogger Collaboration Manis ♥

Hello everyone! Today, April 2nd, is World Autism Awareness Day. 

For World Autism Awareness Day - Light It Up Blue/Autism Speaks some of my blogger friends and I decided to do blue manis to show our support. Click for more information on Light It Up Blue. (You can also see my post from last year here.)

The "logos" for this cause are puzzle piece(s) and a lightbulb. I attempted puzzle pieces last year so I decided to try a lightbulb this year - and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!


Light It Up Blue Mani

I used Nails Inc. Baker Street as my base. The light bulb was done with Milani White on the Spot and A England Dorian Gray. I also used a tiny bit of Glitter Gal Lemon Fizz around the edges to create a "glowing" effect. It didn't translate so well in the photos though.


Light It Up Blue Mani

Light It Up Blue Mani

Just for fun I decided to add some glow in the dark polish (Ninja Polish Candy Corn) to the light bulb. If I had been thinking I would have used Howling Blue Moon to make it glow blue. There's always next time. ;)


Light It Up Blue Mani

Make sure to check out all of my friends' manis below!




Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥


.

4 comments :

  1. beautiful job! I still need to get Baker Street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it :)
    kisses
    http://maggienails90.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ficou lindíssima sua mani e a homenagem é maravilhosa!

    Beijoooo
    www.unhasemdestaque.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely......... i also did a autism awareness mani... :)
    xoxo
    http://nailsjazzedup.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10