Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Milani Texture Collection - Swatches and Review ♥

Good morning and happy hump day! I have a very bright and colorful post for you today that is sure to brighten your morning!


The Milani Texture Collection consists of 6 fun shades for Spring and Summer in the oh-so-popular textured finish. All 6 had the same great formula. I used 2 coats for opacity on all of them. You DO need to make sure that the first coat is completely dry before moving on to the second coat. Also, let the second coat dry before you think that you screwed it up. LOL! After you apply the second coat it looks "lumpy" (not in a good way) BUT after it dries completely it looks textured as it does in my photos. 
*Note: In the photos for Aqua Splash and Yellow Mark you can see that part of my middle nail wasn't completely dry and can see the difference in texture that I am referring to.

One more thing before we get started - these are meant to be textured finish and do feel textured to the touch. These do not do well if you add topcoat. I have included a photo of Purple Streak with topcoat so you can see the result of adding topcoat.


------------------------------


Purple Streak - a bold warm purple. My camera wanted to make this one more blue-toned than it actually is; the first photo is color-accurate.

Milani Purple Streak

Milani Purple Streak

Milani Purple Streak

Milani Purple Streak

Milani Purple Streak Macro

And here is what they look like with topcoat...

Milani Purple Streak (with topcoat)

--------------------------------

Aqua Splash - a bright and fun aqua. 


Milani Aqua Splash

Milani Aqua Splash

Milani Aqua Splash

Milani Aqua Splash

Milani Aqua Splash Macro

--------------------------------

Shady Gray - I love this one, it reminds me of stone. And Weeping Angels. Don't Blink. Sorry, I've been having a Doctor Who marathon the last few days. ;)


Milani Shady Gray

Milani Shady Gray

Milani Shady Gray

Milani Shady Gray

Milani Shady Gray Macro

---------------------------


Tainted in Red - an orange-based red.


Milani Tainted in Red

Milani Tainted in Red

Milani Tainted in Red

Milani Tainted in Red

Milani Tainted in Red

------------------------


Yellow Mark - a bright and bold yellow.

Milani Yellow Mark

Milani Yellow Mark

Milani Yellow Mark

Milani Yellow Mark

Milani Yellow Mark Macro

----------------------------


Spoiled in Fuchsia - one of my favorites from the collection. A bright and fun fuchsia. 


Milani Spoiled in Fuchsia

Milani Spoiled in Fuchsia

Milani Spoiled in Fuchsia

Milani Spoiled in Fuchsia

Milani Spoiled in Fuchsia Macro


What do you think of this collection? Do you like the textured finish? My favorites from this collect are Spoiled in Fuchsia, Shady Gray and Purple Streak but I really did like them all. I don't know that I am completely sold on the textured finish but that's just because I have texture issues in general. 

Milani puts out such great polishes, keeps them at a reasonable price and is one of the few drugstore brands that remains Cruelty-Free - all of that keeps them at the top of my list of favorite brands!

Milani polishes retail for around $4.49 per bottle and are available at Milani's website and various drugstores across the US. Make sure to follow them on Facebook for all the latest news and collections!


Thanks for reading and happy polishing! ♥




*PR products provided for my honest review.


.

7 comments :

  1. Wow, I had no idea Milani was coming out with their own texture polish. I LOVE Aqua Splash....I'm on the hunt for these now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i received the dupe Jordana ones in the mail yesterday and LOVE them! when this trend started i didn't think i'd like it but i really do - especially these without any sparkle. i'm wearing spoiled in fuchsia today. can't wait to rock the rest of them.

    thanks for showing one with topcoat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing swatches, amazing colors and now I need them all :-/
    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally LOVING Yellow Mark! I must buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this review. I have been curious about the texture trend and this was very helpful. I think it would be a fun once in awhile look or creative addition for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Actually like these. I would have to get some of them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your macros make me want to start rubbing my screen so I can feel the texture XD Something tells me I'm tired, haha. I really like Aqua Splash!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10