Monday, February 6, 2012

Sparkly Swamp Nails!!!

Can you guess by my title which polish I am using? If you guessed Lynnderella She Lived In A Swamp you are right!! I am absolutely in love with this polish and the combo with Zoya Veruschka!! This polish is so gorgeous but so swampy at the same time. I also have 3 different looks with this combo, ALL of them AMAZEBALLS!!! 

I tried to create a "swamp" look on my nails. I didn't want to cover Veruschka completely but I didn't want to just do my tips either. I tried to make it look like the glitter was a swampy goo coming from all different angles onto my nails. I love this look, I hope all of you do too.

Let me tell you the one downside to this polish, it is incredibly chunky and hungry. When I put topcoat on I added 1 coat of Gelous and 1 coat of Seche Vite (my normal combo for glitters is 1 coat of Gelous and then 1 coat of any topcoat). I could still feel the glitter MAJORLY so I added ANOTHER coat of Gelous and Seche Vite. This took care of most of the problem but I did still have a few "stray" glitters popping up here and there. That is absolutely the only downside to this polish and in my opinion it is worth it. 

Let's get to the pics, shall we? For the first 5 pics I left Veruschka matte and added the glitter. This is without topcoat so you can see it is not smooth but I love the sparkly, shiny glitter over the matte finish of Veruschka.






The next 5 pics are with all 4 coats of topcoat. OMG. 4 coats. LOL I have never used that much topcoat before, I guess there is a first time for everything.






For the last 5 pics I added Hard Candy's Matte-ly In Love on the top making everything matte. I was surprised I actually loved this as much as I did. It's how I left it and how I am wearing it as I type this post. :-) I am LOVING the matte glitter.






I hope you all enjoyed this post! Do my nails look like sparkly, gooey swamps to you? LOL Which version do you like the best?

Lynnderella polish is very hard to get. It is now sold exclusively by the lovely Leah Ann at Llarowe. It is currently out of stock but she is expecting more shipments throughout February. These sell out extremely quickly. I suggest signing up for email updates on her site as well as following her on Facebook and/or Twitter.

19 comments :

  1. GORGEOUS! The way you applied the Lynn glitter is awesome. I never would have thought to do it that way, but now that I see it, it looks like it's how it should be worn!! I think I like it with the topcoat best...but 4 coats is a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally don't care for matte-ed glitter but it looks REALLY nice done in that style. It's perfectly pond-scummy! ;D (Probably the worst nice compliment I've ever given.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love the first look where Verushka is matte but the glitters are sparkly! Of course, I also love it the other two ways as well! You k ow, I am not a green polish person, but I REALLY might change that for this polish! Gorgeous! ANd it does look like a swamp on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! i love the "swampy" look!! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is incredible! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! The matted glitter is my favorite. Your placement of the glitter is so creative and a great way to conserve this precious polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way matte glitter looks! These greens are sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really cool! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These manicures definitely look like what a gooey swamp creature princess would wear on her nails!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your swampy nails!!! very cool, love how you placed the glitter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice combo! I really like it over the matte! This is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks ladies!! Rochelle, your comment made me LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing! I like your fresh take on the glitter and how you put it at the edges to make it look swampy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this!! What a great combo. I only have one Lynn so far... definitely need more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's the prettiest swamp I think I've ever seen! lol~lovely! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG your swamp nails are to die for with that top coat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow.... that is just beautiful!!!! Like art!! Stunning.
    Did you use a matte topcoat over?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way you layed the glitter ashley!!
    It looks AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10