Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Halloween Haze

Nothing to Disclose

Happy Hump Day! Today I have a Halloween mani that I really love and have enjoyed wearing! It was also very easy to create! 



Post continued after the jump!



I think it's pretty safe at this point to say that I am obsessed with spray marbling. I used it a couple of times during the 31 Day Challenge (here and here) and I would have used it more if I could have without feeling like I was cheating! I love that the look changes depending on what you use. I've seen rubbing alcohol, hairspray, vinegar, hand sanitizer and body spray used so far!



To create this manicure I started off with a base of Illamasqua Gamma and added gradient tips with KBShimmer Pansy-Monium. Once that was dry I set up like I would if I were going to water marble (which I don't do often or well!). I dropped 2 drops of a black creme polish in the water (I found it spread much easier wen I used distilled water rather than filtered or tap water) and sprayed it with 90% distilled alcohol. (I used an old hairspray bottle and I could tell by the smell that there was still some hairspray left in the sprayer - I think that is why my ring finger and thumb turned out slightly different.) I then dipped my finger, paying special attention to the design that I wanted on my nail. After it was dry I topped with a coat of top coat and that's it! Super easy!



After a whole day of wearing it shiny I decided to add a matte top coat and I love it matte too!





I love that it looks wispy and spooky. I can even kind of make out a bat on my ring finger! I still have this on and don't want to take it off. I will definitely be doing more spray marbling soon so I hope you don't get tired of it!

Thanks for reading and happy polishing! 
.






3 comments :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10