Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Kiko #400 Grey Holo - Swatches and Review

Happy Tuesday everyone! 

I have a beauty for you today. I posted a teaser pic on Facebook and Instagram last night (if you want to follow via Facebook or Instagram you can find the links in my right sidebar) to see if anyone could guess the gorgeous holo. Nobody guessed the correct answer - Kiko! (Not that that's overly surprising since they are kind of hard to come by in most places.)

The formula was FABULOUS - it was nearly a one-coater. And the holo is SO STRONG. I've been wearing this for two days and I still can't stop staring at my nails.I love that this is grey and not a bright silver, it looks so much better with my pale skin than a silver. It's definitely one of my favorite polishes ever. I will be needing a backup (or two). I also want to take a minute to say how much I LOVE the Kiko brush. This is my first Kiko and I am super impressed by both the brush and the quality of the polish. I would say it rivals Dior's brush (though it is not tapered like the Dior brush) - they are both wonderful to use. 

The photos below show 2 coats and no top coat (and no base coat).


Kiko #400 Grey Holo

Kiko #400 Grey Holo

Kiko #400 Grey Holo

Kiko #400 Grey Holo

Kiko #400 Grey Holo

Kiko #400 Grey Holo

Kiko #400 Grey Holo

Kiko #400 Grey Holo

Isn't is gorgeous? I think I am going to need more Kikos - and a lot of them! Unfortunately, I don't know of any place in the US where you can purchase these. I received this one from a very lovely friend.  I do know they are available in the UK and France. I hope they start marketing these in the US soon!


Thanks for reading and happy polishing!


.

6 comments :

  1. WOW, this is a truly awesome holo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! And I love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahah, you need the other ones as well, but you gotta be quick!
    Kiko is an Italian brand, probably the most well-known brand in Italy actually. We have stores all over the country, along with the online store. In the last couple years Kiko opened both stores and online stores in a few more European countries, UK being the last one at the moment.
    The holos are the current limited edition, and there's 4 of them. My favourite one is honestly the taupe one, you really need it, believe me! It's so unique! I said you have to be quick because this LE will be discontinued as of January 6th unless they decide to put them in the permanent assortment (which never happened with a LE colour btw).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the information! I do want the other colors - I knew they were LE but I didn't know they were planning on discontinuing them so quickly! I guess U better get on that! Thanks again!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10