Monday, March 14, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen Does Spring: Rainbow Shamrocks



Hello, it's me. I was wondering if after all this time you'd like to see some nail art. Okay, lame intro, but I couldn't help myself! Life continues to interrupt my blogging time lately, but I do have a few new collections waiting to show you so I am hoping to at least get back to a more regular posting schedule very soon! Today starts a brand new Digit-al Dozen Week and we are showing you our Spring nail art this week!





This mani didn't turn out exactly how I had it pictured it in my head, but I do really like how it turned out! Being in Arizona, we don't have a typical "Spring" like most places. We go from winter to hot - we had several days above 90 degrees in February and 18 days above 80 degrees. So, to me, Spring just means the beginning of a very long, hot summer. If I lived somewhere with 4 seasons I think I would LOVE Spring. There are aspects of spring that I love, the new flowers in bloom are beautiful, the baby birds chirping, things like that. So I am going to try to focus on things I do love about Spring, and things I love seeing in friend's photos from afar.




I used one of  the Dance Legend Wow Prisms as my base - Inhale. This collection is one of my favorite collections ever. Those holo flakes make my heart sing! I wanted to mimic the rainbow in the holo on my accent nails by making a rainbow of shamrocks. I would do it differently if I were going to do it again, but that's part of learning! They turned out looking more like colorful flowers than shamrocks, but they are still pretty. And yes, I realize these are technically 4-leaf clovers, but I am pretending they are shamrocks.




I used Messy Mansion plate MM04 for all of the stamping images. I used Girly Bits stamping polish in Emerald for the green on my index and pinkie. On my accent nails I used Girly Bits Emerald and Cobalt and Esmaltes de Kelly Buffy and Wendy. I topped it all off with Girly Bits Glitter Glaze.





Make sure you check out the beautiful and spring-y manis below!










Thanks for reading and happy polishing!



.

1 comment :

  1. Hey, Ashley! Don't even get me started on the topic of three or four leaves clovers! I work at an English school in Brazil, and one of our teachers is pretty sure that Saint Patrick's has four-leaves clovers! It was such a mess! Kkkkkk! But your nails do look cute! I love how you combined the colors on your accent nails! And I also live in a region of a very hot spring!

    Esmaltes da Pri

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10