Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen Does Spring: Bold Floral




Hello! I am back with another Spring-inspired manicure tonight to continue this month's Digit-al Dozen theme! Today's post is one that is special to me. Not because the nail art is spectacular, but because of the person I was inspired by to create this look. More about that in the post below!







This mani is actually about a month overdue. I was originally going to do this during last month's Digit-al Dozen Nail Heroes Week, but the week got away from me. But, since the blogger/artist who inspired it was amazing at florals, I thought Spring was a great opportunity to do it as well!

The base color for this mani is Darling Diva Polish I've Got This, which was created as a custom polish recently for Kelly from Set in Lacquer. It is such a gorgeous red! Kelly is a good friend of mine, and is one amazingly strong woman. She has been battling cancer the last few months and has stayed positive through it all. I love this lady and admire her strength and grace through such a difficult time. Spring is about renewal and everything coming back to life and I feel like that is exactly what this Spring is going to be for Kelly. She is going to feel so alive again! 

I used one of Kelly's gorgeous floral manicures as my inspiration, though hers turned out much better than mine! (Click here to see the original mani.)



My flowers didn't turn out nearly as pretty as Kelly's, but she's a floral queen! I did add a wash of colors to the petals to make them more "spring-like." All of the nail art was created with acrylic paint and I topped everything else off with Darling Diva Pryzmatic Topcoat.

Make sure you check out the amazingly talented ladies below!










Thanks for reading and happy polishing!



.

3 comments :

  1. A beautiful tribute to a amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, This is better than any card or present I could get. This post brought tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat. They are stunning. I love you, dear Ashley! Thank you for the hopes of Spring too, as it is snowing here today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only is this manicure beautiful, but they're a great tribute to your friend! I hope these put a smile on her face<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10