Monday, March 28, 2016

Paint Box Polish: Caio, Gelato! Collection - Swatches and Review



Hello! Who is ready for a beautiful Spring collection from Paint Box Polish? I am behind on showing you this collection so you may have already seen it from others, this whole being sick thing really is making me behind on everything! 

This collection was inspired by a photo of gelato from a friend who was at an Italian Gelateria. Pam already had an inkling of what she wanted this collection to be, but when she saw that, she knew that was great inspiration for a Spring collection! 

In addition to the 8 lovely polishes, she is also releasing an Amaretto Tiramisu cuticle oil. That sounds so yummy!! Unfortunately, because of my sensitivity to scents, I passed on the cuticle oil. The description says it has hints of "Amaretto, espresso, cocoa, mascarpone and Madeira." Sounds good to me! 

One last thing before we jump into swatches, don't forget to use code ADDICTED for 15% off your order! This never expires and is valid for all items, even on the new collection!



This collection is so soft and, well, creamy! (Couldn't help putting in a gelato/ice cream pun. Hehe) Most of these are crellies, but some are opaque enough to be cremes, so make sure to read the descriptions to note which are which! 

Ananas is inspired by pineapple! It is a gorgeous buttery, yet pineapple-y, yellow! This one is a crelly and did require 3 coats for opacity. Make sure to let each coat dry in between to prevent dragging. I am showing 3 coats with one coat of top coat. 

Sunlight

Sunlight

Artificial lighting

Shade

--------------------------------------------------


Bacio is my favorite from the collection! This one is a light brown, it reminds me of a chocolate milkshake. The formula was seriously amazing. It is a smooth creme and I only needed two coats for opacity. I am showing 2 coats and a coat of top coat. I'm sorry I don't have sun pics of this one, I ran out of sun!

Artificial lighting

Artificial lighting

Shade

Shade

---------------------------------------------------


Fragola is a beautiful, sweet pink! Inspired by strawberry gelato, this makes me want to dive right into some! This one was opaque in 3 thin coats and I had no issues with application. 

Sunshine

Sunshine

Artificial lighting

Shade

------------------------------------------------------


Frutti di Bosco is a gelato flavor made with all sorts of berries. This one definitely looks like a bunch of yummy berries mixed together! This is another favorite of mine from this collection, it's such a gorgeous color. This one was a creme and was opaque in two coats, no issues with the formula. I am showing 2 coats and one coat of top coat. This one was hard to photograph and is slightly more purple than my photos show.

Sunlight

Sunlight

Artificial lighting

Shade

-------------------------------------------------------


Melone is a beautiful muted melon color. This one is unique in my stash and will make a great jelly sandwich polish, I can't wait to try it out! Of course, being "melone" and not "melon," my Doctor Who-centered brain automatically goes to Melody Malone, but I know Pam will appreciate that. This one is a crelly and I am showing 3 coats and one coat of top coat.

Sunlight

Sunlight

Artificial lighting

Shade

-------------------------------------------


Pistacchio is the exact shade of pistacchio ice cream (or gelato! LOL). I like pistacchio ice cream, it reminds me of my grandma. She liked it a lot and we would sometimes eat it when I would sleep over at her house and give her manis. This one is another crelly, opaque in 3 coats. No issues with the formula at all. 

Sunlight

Sunlight

Artificial lighting

Shade

----------------------------------------------------------


Puffo is a bright blue that looks just like the clear blue sky. It is another smooth and easy creme, no issues at all. I'm showing two coats and one coat of top coat. 

Sunlight

Sunlight

Artificial lighting

Shade

-----------------------------------------


Stracciatella is a white crelly with black micro flakes. This one reminds me of chocolate chip ice cream (which I love)! This one I classified as a crelly because the black flakes shine through, but it is thicker than the other crellies in the collection. I recommend using two thin coats. I am showing 2 thin coats and one coat of top coat. 

Sunlight

Sunlight

Artificial lighting

Shade

One more addition to Paint Box Polish's shop are bigger mini size bottles! She is now offering 8 ml bottles (so just over half the size of a standard size bottle) for $5.25. She hunted high and low for minis that were a nice size and have nice brushes for those who want that option! 

What are your favorites from this collection? I already told you mine, but they're all so pretty. 

This collection is available now! And don't forget, use code ADDICTED for 15% off your order! It never expires! 


Paint Box Polish links:



Thanks for reading and happy polishing!



.

1 comment :

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10