Saturday, February 14, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Patterns on Patterns - Day 4: Friday the 13th!




Hello again! We finally made it to the weekend! I have (obviously) fallen behind in Digit-al Dozen Week but I am going to play catch up! Since today is Friday the 13th I thought it would be fun to do some spooky-themed nail art. Don't worry, it's not too scary! ;)



Post continued after the jump!




I know this is not technically "patterns" but it is technique on technique which we all agreed was acceptable this week. And I thought it was just really fun! To create the base I used acetone to thin out white polish over a dry black base. I've been using this technique for awhile in other uses but I loved the smoke effect Sarah from Chalkboard Nails got with so I used that as my inspiration. You can see her tutorial here




I added the blood drips using acrylic paint. I just have to say drips are much harder than they look! Overall I was pleased with them but there's always that one nail you wish you could do over again. After my top coat was dry I finished off the look with a matte top coat.

I hope you enjoyed this look! I have a busy weekend ahead but I am hoping to finish off Digit-al Dozen Week this weekend. Make sure to check out all of the other amazing manis below!










Thanks for reading and happy polishing!

.

10 comments :

  1. HAHA spooky and perfect for the 13th. I really love the contrast from all of the VDAY nails flooding my newsfeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smokey background looks so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you remembered Friday the 13th; I keep on forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks bloody and spooky! I didn't even realize that it was Friday the 13th till I see your post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh the smokey base is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it awful that I didn't even notice it was Friday the 13th?! LOL. Your smoke effect is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scary! I love it. Drips are so hard and you did them wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10