Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Digit-al Dozen Does Patterns on Patterns - Day 2: Floral Garden




Hello! I'm back for Day 2 of Digit-al Dozen Patterns on Patterns Week! I went pretty far out of my comfort zone on this one and I'm still not quite sure how I feel about the finished look.




Post continued after the jump!



I started out this look with something else completely different in mind. I started with a base of Elevation Polish Silver Sword. I then added a quilted pattern using Nail Vinyls and Elevation Polish Jengish Chokusu. Unfortunately my quilted pattern was not as perfect as I had hoped for (and needed for the original design I had in mind). So I decided to do a floral pattern on top! 




I'll be honest. Flowers intimidate me quite a bit. I don't know why, maybe just because I haven't done them very much. But I do love floral nail art so I want to try to get better at it. I decided to go find some inspiration from two of my personal favorite nail artists who do amazing florals,  Kelly from Set in Lacquer and Lindsey from Wondrously Polished. I ended up loosely following this design/tutorial from Wondrously Polished. I certainly need more practice but they're not too bad for one of my first real attempt at florals! Below is a photo before I added matte top coat.




I think it would look better if I had more contrast in the colors. Something to remember for next time! In addition to the two Elevation Polish colors I mentioned earlier I used acrylic paint to create the flowers. And, of course, I added a matte top coat to finish it off.

Make sure to show some love to the other ladies below to see what awesome designs they came up with!








Thanks for reading and happy polishing!

.

14 comments :

  1. This is great! I really like the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OhMyGosh Ashley these are beautiful! I really like how the silver shows through, it adds an extra dimension. And I know exactly what you mean about flowers being intimidating, they seem so simple but they're not. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how these turned out! Love the silver for the lattice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this look and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Every time I look at it I see something new! I love the matte version!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gah! I think these are some of my favorites of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers look so good! You've got them down pat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the silver peaking through the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You already know I adore these!!! So have to recreate them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love how these turned out!! Super gorgeous job, even on the floral part!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The little touches of the quilted pattern that pop out are really nice. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! It is so soft and I love the glint of silver!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love hearing from you but please remember to be respectful. Any comments left with unsolicited advertising or blog links will be deleted. If you would like me to check out your blog or product, please email me. Thank you!

09 10